Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Crockpot Spicy Chicken with Avocado Coleslaw

Here's a quick, easy recipe that we tried out a few weeks back.  We had some chicken in the freezer that had already been prepped for tacos/fajitas/what-have-you.  Basically, it was cut up chicken, seasoned with some taco seasoning (uncooked) that I had just stuck in the freezer for a rainy day.  When we buy chicken in bulk, I like to take a little time to do some prep work before sticking it in the freezer to make life a little easier.


So we tossed the pre-seasoned chicken in the crockpot with a can of jalapeno salsa and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours (I can't remember exactly how long it actually was...).


One it was done, we shredded it up and served it with some avocado coleslaw and chowed!  Super good, super quick, and super easy!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your site and LOVE it! I have been eating Paleo for two months now and am slowly trying to convert my husband and two boys. Thanks for all the great stuff here! Your blog is definitly a go to resource for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that I love your blog! I have just jumped back onto a paleo lifestyle about 2 weeks ago, and I've been hunting for new recipes and ways to cook stuff- so I'm pretty excited to have found your blog. Your kids are so cute and look so healthy- if I have a family I hope that I'll raise them with paleo foods as well.

    ReplyDelete