Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quick Dinner and a New Bacon Lover

Quick dinners have become the norm lately.  We always have some protein and veggies in the fridge. Sometimes I have a game plan for the week, sometimes I just throw stuff in a pan, add some seasonings and call it good.  It really doesn't have to be complicated.  Honestly, it feels easier than life before Paleo.  I usually spend an hour or two one night a week working on a few things to make life easier.  This week, it meant that I made some paleo granola, taco salad stuff (pico de gallo, sliced onions, sliced olives, cut up cabbage, cooking and seasoning ground beef), slicing strawberries, starting some Cheap & Cheerful Chicken, and making mayo and tzatziki.  It really took very little time and I felt like I was one step ahead of the game for the week.

One day, I hadn't planned lunch (our big meal) ahead of time.  Usually, I have some idea of what I'm going to do.  Actually, that's not entirely true.  I had planned on making Green Chile Chicken Soup, but realized that we didn't have any carrots.  None of the veggies we had on hand sounded like they would be good in the soup, so I made a super quick stirfry instead.


I threw in the chicken I had cooked earlier in the week, asparagus, red peppers and mushrooms.  Then I added in some coconut aminos, garlic, and a little salt.  Fifteen minutes from start to finish!


And something exciting happened in house -- Sam discovered bacon!  I know that sounds a bit silly, but he's not a huge meat lover, so we're jazzed to have another protein source to throw in the mix with him.  And really, who doesn't love bacon?

1 comment: