Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup

The other day, I was looking for something different to do with the over abundance of tomatoes in our CSA basket.  As I've mentioned before, we have been getting lots and lots of tomatoes each week.  So, here's what I did with them this past week...


I chopped up the bigger tomatoes, but left the small ones as is.  I also sliced up an onion and threw in several garlic cloves.  I drizzled the whole pan with some olive oil and sprinkled it with salt and pepper and popped it in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

Once it was all roasted, I tossed it all in our Vitamix along with a hefty dose of basil and pureed it until it was smooth.  And it was delicious.  It would go great with a batch of paleo crackers.  Perfect comfort food for a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment