Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Deviled Eggs

I'm working on a posting a few new recipes, but my laptop is on the fritz and I'm afraid it might eat my photos, so I've got to wait for my Tech Support (aka Brandon) to get home from his 12 hours of overtime, at which time I'm sure he'll be eager to talk some sense into my computer.  Once I'm back up and running, I've got a new coconut cream larabar recipe, a note about freezing tomatoes, and, last but certainly not least, a paleo green bean casserole recipe!

But for now, here are a couple of things that we made the other day for a barbecue that we had at our house.  They both involve bacon so it basically goes without saying that they both were amazing.

First up, I whipped up some deviled eggs with bacon.  I don't have an exact recipe to share with you because I was making it on the fly, but it is by no means rocket science.  Hard boil some eggs, peel, slice and remove yolks.  Combine some mayo or light olive oil, a little mustard powder, salt, pepper, and crumbled bacon with the the yolks.  And then fill those eggs back up with the mixture.  I reserved some bacon to sprinkle over the tops for a little pizazz.  If you have paprika, which we were out of, you could sprinkle a little of that on top as well. 
This guy has been on Brandon's list of things to make for a while.  He found the recipe online and it's called "Bacon Explosion".  Basically, it's ground pork stuffed with bacon and then wrapped in bacon.  And it's good.  Check out the recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete