Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Recent Recipes from the World Wide Web

Whenever I feel a little uncreative in the kitchen, I take some time to look around the internet for ideas.  Recently, I went looking for some recipes that use some cuts of beef and pork that we had in the freezer, but that I wasn't really sure what to do with.  You see, I was trying to use up what we had and make room for our half of a cow that my generous parents gave us for Christmas.  Great gift, huh?!

Additionally, we've tried out a couple of other recipes lately that have been home runs, so I threw those in too.  Enjoy!


Civilized Caveman's Crock Pot Pulled Pork
This is what you see pictured.  Super easy and great tasting.  We served it with some sauteed cabbage and onions.  This would be a great thing to make and store for lunches or snacks throughout the week as well.

Primal Palate: Blondies
Um, these are probably the best paleo treat I've ever had.  Seriously.  We'll definitely be making these again.  They might also be our go to birthday treat recipe instead of cake or cupcakes.  Seriously, these are life changingly good.  Honest.

Primal Palate: Chocolate Chip Cookies
These turned out really good.  Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from them, but needed something to make for Santa on Christmas Eve, and these fit the bill.  We used almond meal instead of almond flour and they still turned out great.  And we munched on them all day Christmas day.

Primal Palate: Chicken & Vegetable Lo Mein
Super good, super easy.

Primal Palate: Pot Roast w/Parsnips & Turnips
This was another one of those pop it in the pot and forget about it meals.  Love those!

Pioneer Woman: Brussel Sprouts w/Balsamic and Cranberries
For Christmas dinner, we kept it simple (since it was just the four of us) and had ham, roasted carrots (Jack's choice) and this brussel sprout recipe.  Of course we change it up a little to make it paleo, but same basic idea.  And I happened to find cranberries sweetened with fruit juice at New Seasons on sale for 4.99 a pound!  Needless to say, I stocked up.

Healthy Living: Chicken with Mushroom Cauli Rice
This recipe is fashioned after Rice A Roni and we made it one day to go with some salmon that we were eating.  Definitely an recipe that I would make again.  It could easily be tweaked to make other Rice A Roni type dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment