Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Paleo Birthday

Today is my handsome husband's birthday.  While we couldn't do what we had originally planned (a hike) due to the weather, we still managed to pack our day full of fun stuff.  Brandon got to sleep in while I ran Jack to school and picked up a free birthday coffee for him at Dutch Bros (just tell them it's your birthday and you'll get a free one!).  When I got home, I gave him a couple of his gifts: a subscription to the Crossfit Journal and some floor mats to put in our workout area in the garage.


He had a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, peppers, and avocado along with his coffee.  After breakfast we grabbed Jack from school and headed downtown to a fabulous BBQ place.


After lunching at Slabtown, we gave Brandon a few more gifts...(and we FINALLY have a family photo to put on our side bar, albeit a fairly goofy one)...


My sister and bro-in-law got Brandon some dried cranberries sweetened with apple juice.  Brandon loves cranberries, but they are almost always sweetened with sugar.  In addition to the cranberries, the boys and I got Brandon some BBQ sauce from another of our favorite restaurants (the sauce is also sold at New Seasons), some dark chocolate and some buffalo cranberry jerky.  The chocolate and the jerky both have a bit of sugar in them, but that's okay once in a while, right?  Especially on your birthday!

For dinner,we put the kids down and I grabbed take out at our favorite little Thai place in downtown Gresham.  I don't actually know the name of it, but we (along with most people I know) call it Joe's, after the super kind and friendly little Thai man that runs the place.

Happy Birthday to My Love!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment