Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lunch Ideas

Lunches.  Packing a lunch used to be the bane of my existence.  Now, I kind of look forward to packing them.  Since we started eating Paleo, I've really started to view cooking as one way that I can take care of my family and make sure that they have a good balance of nourishing food in their bodies.  There are days that it can be challenging because Paleo does require a little more thought and prep, but I consider it a privilege to be able to care for all three of my boys in this way.

I am very thankful that my dear husband loves leftovers which makes packing his lunch fairly easy.  Although, now with two growing boys, leftovers can sometimes be a little harder to come by.  If we don't have leftovers, then I'll just go ahead and cook up something quick while I'm making breakfast for Brandon to take for lunch.  And if I'm really short on time, I'll just crack open a couple of cans of tuna and add some seasonings and call it good.

Here are a couple of recent lunches that I've packed for Brandon.

This was one of those days where we were short on leftovers, so I cooked up some venison that was given to us.  I seasoned it with a lot of garlic and coconut aminos to kind of lessen the gaminess (that's a word, right?) of the venison.  I tossed in some peppers, celery, and zucchini and it ended up tasting pretty good.  In addition to that, I packed a nectarine, a banana, some walnuts, almonds and coconut flakes and some sliced up tomatoes with homemade Italian dressing.

This day, we actually had leftovers!  I packed meatloaf (One of Brandon's favorites), cauliflower rice, nuts and coconut flakes, an almost too ripe avocado, an apple, and a salad with homemade honey mustard dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment